Being that I’m both extremely pale complected and have dry skin, finding a natural looking make up routine has been a struggle. Foundations like to oxidize orange on my skin, stick to my dry patches and my laugh lines, and look generally cakey. Thankfully I found products that, for the most part, work fantastically!
1. Benefit’s Erase Paste. Thanks to genetics, I have dark under eye circles despite the amount of sleep I get at night. The combination of Erase Paste and glasses helps camouflage them!
2. Urban Decay’s Big Fatty Mascara. It’s tricky to apply because it likes to smudge but if you carefully coat the top of your lashes and then the bottom, the mascara adds some impressive length! (My wimpy lashes unfortunately never look full, so I take what I can get!)
3. Benefit’s Posietint. Love, love, LOVE! This is one of my favourite products of all time, it gives a natural, sheer wash of pretty pink colour.
4. Lorac’s Creamy Brow Pencil. It’s hard to find a true auburn pencil, this is my favourite out of all I have tried.
6. Clinique’s Redness Solution. My holy grail primer! I love that it reduces my natural redness, primes and moisturizes my dry face, and adds some sunscreen.
7. Clinique’s Supermoisture Makeup. It’s a bit of the dewy side but the moisturizing factor more than makes up for that! First bottle of foundation that I actually finished.
8. Benefit’s Hello Flawless! I apply this with a light hand because the palest shade is still a little too dark. (*pout*) It helps “set” my under eye concealer and mattifies the dewiness of my foundation.